Friday, March 1, 2013

Modbox February 2013 review

Here I am, another Modbox review!! I really like this kind of subscription service, you'll never know what you'll get until it arrived!!

As last month, it was delivered through GDex. After the GDex flyer, it was the same purple box!

Opening the box process already made me happy lol. I was curious on what colour of ribbon will be!
And the answer is.... *drum roll*








RED!!!


4 FULL SIZE PRODUCTS PEOPLE!!! This box is getting more surprise!




The first product is a full size product, Silk Classic Collection Hair Perfume(Dry Shampoo) from SHAiRE London.
I had high expectation on this product, because it is a dry shampoo, and my hair and scalp get oily very easily so dry shampoo will definitely comes handy on oily hair day.
But I tried it, it is just, hair perfume.
When I open it, I can smell the alcohol from the box. I spray some on my hair and scalp, as the instruction, then massage it. Nothing magical happened haha. My hair is still oily.
But from the modbox card, it is written "Great for in between washes, it cleanses, conditions and revitalizes your hair, and repairs and strengthens hair roots--all in one nifty little bottle.Spray on both hair and scalp, and trust us, you'll love how soft and silky your hair feels after!"
So perhaps it works as a conditioner instead of dry shampoo?
For my personal opinion, and my 1 time test, it didn't remove grease from my hair and scalp.
It is RM35.9/60ml


The second product is nail wrap from Perkins!

Nail wraps became very famous since Sally Hansen started selling those. And they are not cheap. This is perhaps a dupe for Sally Hansen!
Inside the box you'll find:

A nail file and 20 strips. As you can see, there are 21 designs, and mine is N16. The other side of the booklet is instruction of how to apply this on. I haven't try this yet, as I had my manicure on. You can see my epic failed version of pink gradient manicure in the pic right haha. That's my index finger and ring finger, fyi.
It is RM39.9/per pack


Next product, Blemish clearing serum from Juice Beauty.
This is not a full size product, it is 30ml, but the full size is actually 50ml! It's 2/3 of the full size product! OMG Almost full size already!
Melt those blemishes away with this organic fruit acid-based serum. This powerful organic formula heals while hydrating to purify pores, lighten scarring and soothe irritation.

Here's my swatch:

It is kinda watery, and this amount is definitely more than you need every time. It smells like apple cider vinegar. I believe it is the combination of apple and lemon, as written on the tube.
I only used it one time, so I don't know about the result yet. I haven't get used to put this in my skincare routine ><
It is RM185/50ml

The forth product, smokey eyes set (04 Show Off) from Essence.
I've heard this brand before, but I can't remember when and where. Perhaps I got something free from Shout magazine, which is a UK magazine before. I Googled it, and it's actually quite famous in Europe, due to it's cheap price yet nice quality. This got 3 and half stars from makeupvalley.com which is a famous beauty review website!
This is a smokey eye set, it's a eyeshadow and eyeliner. The eyeshadow is unexpectedly pigmented. To be honest, when I saw the price, I didn't expect much at all. RM11.9 for this is super duper cheap!
I was a fan of Shout magazine before, and I've got so many not pigmented at all eyeshadows from different low-price cosmetics brands in UK. But this is really beyond my expectations.
The eyeliner is not that pigmented, it need few times to get it really opaque, but this is for smokey eyes, you doesn't really need opaque eyeliner so this does its work.
For the brush, the eyeliner brush is just so-so. Well, you wouldn't expect much from the brush along with the duo eyeshadow. But using my ecotools eyeliner brush, it works just well.
It is RM11.9/3g


Last but not least, XXXL nudes lipgloss (05 Forever Rosé) from Essence.

The wand is interesting, it is not the usual wand, it is straight, while just a little curve.
The swatch:
Can't see any colour? Of course. Because this is the nude gloss! It is shimmery, not too sticky and smells kinda like mint chocolate. It doesn't have the chemical smell.
It is RM9.9/5ml



That's a wrap! I hope you enjoy my review  ;)
Do check out their website: Modbox  Also their Facebook page: Modbox Facebook Page
Please looking forward to my next review! lol.  I really enjoy doing reviews! =P

2 comments:

  1. Hello! :) Just thought I'll leave a comment to tell u that your post has been helpful. was interested in the hair shampoo dry thing, but thanks for letting me know that it doesnt work :)

    by the way, love your music selection on the top(took me a while to find the music bar! ) calming and somewhat emo music too haha.

    keep up the good work blogging, you have people reading! :)


    Jojobear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete